9

This problem has already been discribed before. But none of the suggested solutions work for me.

This is the problem:

I've got the latest version of Eclipse Luna (4.4.1) installed. If I want to do an update or install new software, it takes a very long time to complete (many HOURS). This is still the case if I download the desired software into a local archive/update site and install from there. But when I disable all network adapters and then install from such a "local" update site, the installation takes only a few seconds.

This "trick" to disable network adaptes can already be found as a proposed solution for the same question from 2010 here: Eclipse online access extremely slow--cannot complete updates or install new software. The accepted answer for this question does not help. I already disabled the "Contact all update sites" option and also added "-Declipse.p2.mirrors=false" to my eclipse.ini.

The disable-network-adapters-trick is no acceptable solution. Because I may not comment (reputation) I have to re-open the question.

Community
  • 1
  • 1
TheFish
  • 183
  • 1
  • 10

1 Answers1

4

I have been facing the same issue. One thing worked for me by disabling the Available software sites in Preferences.

  1. Go to Windows → Preferences
  2. Type in search available software sites
  3. Try unchecking the several sites which you do not want to look for updates.
Mohammad Faisal
  • 5,783
  • 15
  • 70
  • 117