Questions tagged [euro]

The euro (symbol: €) is the currency used by the Institutions of the European Union and is the official currency of the eurozone. Tag euro can be used for programming questions related to euro symbol € and its container character set

Wiki:

The euro (symbol: €) is the currency used by the Institutions of the Economic and Monetary Union of the European Union and is the official currency of the eurozone.

Entry methods:

In Unicode Sign Euro € is encoded at U+20AC.
In HTML Euro sign is written as € or € whiche renders as €.

Generating the euro sign using a computer depends on the operating system and national conventions. Depending on keyboard layout and the operating system, the symbol can be entered as:

AltGr + 4 (UK)

AltGr + 5 (US)

Ctrl + Alt + 4 (UK)

Ctrl + Alt + 5 (US)

Ctrl + Alt + e in in United States layout

Alt + 0128 in Microsoft

Usage:

Tag can be used for programming questions related to euro symbol € and its character set. Questions on Stackoverflow are supposed to be related to programming, please avoid currency trading based questions.

Read more:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_sign
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro
95 questions
40
votes
11 answers

How to display the currency symbol to the right in Angular

I have to display Euro currency like this : 583 €. But with this code: {{ price | currency:'EUR':true }} I get €583, is there any option in Angular core to move the symbol to right? A lot of european countries use the symbol at the right (France,…
Ekaitz Hernandez Troyas
  • 1,147
  • 2
  • 11
  • 18
17
votes
3 answers

Calculation, replace dot with a comma

I have an order form on which I use the jQuery Calculation Plugin to sum up the total. This summing up works fine, yet there is a problem with the produced 'sum'. In the sum I wish to replace any dot with a comma. The basis of the code is; function…
YDL
  • 714
  • 1
  • 7
  • 14
17
votes
6 answers

Euro sign in HTML

The euro (€) is the official currency in 22 European states. In HTML there are different possibilities to display the sign €: € € € Which one would you use in HTML? I think no representation is supported in all browsers. It's a…
caw
  • 30,999
  • 61
  • 181
  • 291
16
votes
4 answers

Problems with FPDF and Euro symbol

I've spent a couple of days sifting through various methods to encourage FPDF to render the Euro symbol, but none have succeeded. I have: $currency = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT", '€'); Which results in: iconv() [function.iconv]: Detected…
Wayne Smallman
  • 1,690
  • 11
  • 34
  • 56
14
votes
5 answers

Trying to get the euro symbol using chr(128)

I expected this code: define('EURO_SIMBOLO', chr(128)); $euro = EURO_SIMBOLO; var_dump($euro); to show the € symbol, but it doesn't. Why does this happen?
tirenweb
  • 30,963
  • 73
  • 183
  • 303
10
votes
6 answers

Hex representation of Euro Symbol €

I was using XVI32 (Hex Editor) to get the hex representation of the Euro symbol and it gives me the value as 80. Another site: http://www.string-functions.com/string-hex.aspx does the same. I am not able to understand why the hex representation is…
Rahul
  • 101
  • 1
  • 1
  • 3
6
votes
3 answers

How to solve €25.99 vs 25,99€ preg_match problem?

If I have these strings: $string1 = "This book costs €25.99 in our shop." and on the other side $string2 = "This book costs 25,99€ in our shop." How to get the "€25.99" or "25,99€" using preg_match ? How will the code look like? Please, notice…
bradinwerk
  • 71
  • 1
6
votes
2 answers

Replace comma and dot in Pandas

I have a Column with data like 3.4500,00 EUR. Now I want to compare this with another column having float numbers like 4000.00. How do I take this string, remove the EUR and replace comma with decimal and then convert into float to compare?
Pratik Manghwani
  • 71
  • 1
  • 1
  • 2
5
votes
2 answers

Plotting Euro Symbol € in ggplot2?

Euro Symbol € is shown as ... at PDF output ggplot() + theme_bw() + geom_line() + scale_y_continuous(formatter = "euro")
juanmah
  • 1,130
  • 1
  • 14
  • 21
5
votes
1 answer

How to: output Euro symbol in pdfkit for nodejs

Is it possible to display the Euro symbol in pdfkit for nodejs without having to embed an external font? I am using pdfKit to generate invoices and would like to prefix my currency amounts with the Euro Symbol (€). I've tried a number of approaches…
grim_i_am
  • 3,664
  • 5
  • 19
  • 19
4
votes
4 answers

In which encoding is 0xDB a currency symbol?

I received files which, sadly, I cannot get info about how they were generated. I need to parse these files. The file is entirely ASCII besides for one character: 0xDB (in decimal it gives 219). Obviously (from looking at the file) this character…
NoozNooz42
  • 4,238
  • 6
  • 33
  • 53
4
votes
4 answers

HTML escape for euro character not being interpreted in textarea?

It's showing € instead of the € (currency sign) in the textarea. Does anyone have an idea why this is going wrong? …
faris
  • 43
  • 5
4
votes
3 answers

unable to print euro symbol in a "C" program

I am unable to print the euro symbol. The program I am using is below. I have set the character set to codepage 1250 which has 0x80 standing for the euro symbol. Program ======= #include #include int main() { …
Abhijith Madhav
  • 2,748
  • 5
  • 33
  • 44
3
votes
3 answers

Euro sign not showing up right in HTML

I have a page on my site with a form for editing event information and Updating it to the database. I have a select box with options for Admission Price, which are all preceded by a euro sign in my HTML code, but are showing up as �1 on the webpage.…
rudawg
  • 73
  • 1
  • 1
  • 11
3
votes
1 answer

How to get a "€" (u+20AC) character in a postgres UTF8 client encoding?

I only found some strange results online where somebody tried select E'\x020AC', select E'\x020\x0AC' or select E'\x0AC\x020' but none worked.
Andreas Covidiot
  • 4,286
  • 5
  • 51
  • 96
1
2 3 4 5 6 7